NEW DATES of the RiderCoach Prep class at 4 Rivers HD:
Weekend 1: Friday, Aug 26, 6-9pm, Sat/Sun, Aug 27-28, 8am-5pm
Weekend 2: Friday, Sep 9, 6-9pm, Sat/Sun, Sep 10-11, 8am-5pm
Weekend 3: Friday, Sep 16, 6-9pm, Sat/Sun, Sep 17-18, 8am-5pm
The class is $200 but you will get the $200 back once you graduate and you get to keep all the materials. If you need a room for the following dates, please let Krystal know.
Becoming an Instructor
- Over the age of 18
- Have at least 2 years of motorcycle riding experience.
- Currently an active rider with a valid motorcycle endorsement. (Not the permit)
- License has NOT been suspended for any reason within the past 2 years or within the past 5 years for a DUI.
- Can you put in three (3) full weekends to complete the course?
- If you can say YES to all the above, then proceed to the next step.
- Please include a copy / scan of your driver's license as well.
- While not required, it is strongly suggested to job shadow a few classes prior to going through the training classes. Accompany an existing coach(es) during a weekend, to give you the behind the scenes look at things and you can be sure this is something you wish to pursue. The list of current training sites is here on the website. Please contact a training site in your area and arrange a time to do some job shadowing. For those interested who are in the military, contacting your base safety officer is typically the best option for this.
- A copy of your driving record for the last 5 years.
- For Kentucky residents the KYDOT calls it a clearance letter on their website and is only $3. Click here for the application. When finished once again please send it to the program administrator ASAP.
- For instructors in a neighboring state please see appropriate agency in your state for a similar document.
- Fill out the application. Be sure to include your coaches' number.
- Obtain a copy of your 5yr driving record from the appropriate state agency.
- Make a copy of your driver's license.
- A letter of recommendation from the state administrator, training site or military commander you worked with previously.
- Send all the above to the program administrator listed on the application.